Tonight our journey begins in
On the edge of a rooftop, overlooking the old architecture of yesteryear,
DERIVE peers through time and place at the impossible glass and steel
rising up through the red mist of a belligerent summer thunderstorm.
Cody Ellingham’s process of wandering, which he calls DERIVE,
helps him to discover the true nature of a place.
“I came here to capture this machine, this City.
The only way to do that is to walk its streets alone.
People focus on the new, or the old, but rarely both."
"A place is not just as it is, but the result of everything that has come before."
DERIVE is an ongoing digital and multimedia project that has been exhibited
and featured in publications globally.
- Nagoya Coming soon…
- Newsletter 2 TAIWAN, RAIN, MAGAZINE…
- Showa Retro Bar A hand written sign caught my eye.
It hung beside a narrow staircase at the entrance to…
- Newsletter 1 AKAN, SHANGHAI, MOUNTAINS…
- Longest Place Name We have been out of radio contact with the world for ten days…
- Onepoto We climbed deep into the crevices and impossible structures of the caves…
Print Editions from the Past and the Future.
DERIVE WANDER ZINE #1 – TAIPEI
Buy Now ▼